Let me respond with some absolutely reassuring facts about America’s rising prosperity.
- US GDP growth last quarter was 4.1%.
- US unemployment was 3.9%. Black unemployment was the lowest ever. https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000000https://data.bls.gov/pdq/SurveyOutputServlet
- Eurozone unemployment was 8.3%. http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statistics-explained/index.php/Unemployment_statistics
- More Americans are employed than ever.
- The stock market is near record highs.
- Household income is the highest ever.
- Corporate profits are soaring.
Investment is at high levels.
We don’t seem to be collapsing at all. While the decade long recovery is starting to get long in the tooth and a cyclical contraction is to be expected in the next few years, the overall prognosis is quite good. The US is just exploding with start-ups and the economy is transforming before our eyes to a new and higher standard of living. We’ll have driverless cars, drone deliveries, housecleaning robots, frequent remote medical scanning, 3D printers everywhere, DNA designer drugs and so much more. You are like the people who fretted at the collapse of the horse and buggy market and the decline in the number of telegrams while the automobile market was growing by leaps and bounds and everyone was getting a phone. You’re looking backwards at the wrong things and don’t really have a clue about what’s happening.
I’m not denying there are a slew of problems, but none are fatal. Inner cities run by Liberals don’t seem to be doing that well. Gangs in Chicago are shooting it out. Drug addiction is a rising threat. None of that comes close to collapse. Really, take a good look at reality. Go take a trip across the country. Overall, it’s doing more than ok.